Saturday, February 6, 2016

A day of waterlilies and watching the sun go down

Watching the sun go down.
I love Broome. 
a little oasis
right at the top of Western Australia, 
30 hours drive from where we live.
We've done this road trip a number of times
and looking back on these photo's, we must be due for 
another one!

Camel rides on Cable Beach

The colours of the landscape are wonderous in their 
deep ultramarine blues of the skies,
turquoise ocean
and red ochre landscape.

Gantheaume Point
Prehistoric dinosaur footprints can be found in the rocks at low tide 
at Gantheaume Point.


Broome is all about living in
'Broome Time'
So sunset on the beach is mandatory (see first pic).
 4.00 in the afternoon the first 4 x4s start rocking up on the beach and by
5.00pm it is off-road vehicles side by side
for about a 5 kilometer stretch along the beach.
Everyone with their esky out, tinny in hand.
Waiting for sunset.

Sunset on Cable Beach
But other than swanning about on the beach,
I love checking out the water gardens at 
Cable Beach Resort.
It has the most stunning water lilly's.

Pink Lotus
 

But this blue one above was just stunning!
And the other day
I was taking another peek of it and
thought.
'What a wonderful scarf this would make'.
So off to play and this is what I designed.

Blue Water Lily Scarf
I played with the design myself first 
on Photoshop Elements, then went 
over to a manufacturing site for them 
to create this scarf for me.
Its huge at 114cm square,
but that size makes it very versatile! Think sarong!
I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!