Monday, April 11, 2016

A little Carpet Bag Book Cover

So as I was idly attempting a tidy up of my fabric stash, I came across some old furnishing fabric. 

Left over from an armchair revamp many years ago, I couldn't bear to throw the remnants away at the time. 


Feeling the soft velvety nap of the gold and sand coloured fabric, I was reminded of the carpet bags of travelers long ago. Carrying only a few articles of clothing and cash Phileas Fogg of Around the World in 80 Days, traveled and discovered. Mary Poppins had her magic carpet bag full of tricks! 

So, adding some more up cycled furnishing fabric, old lace and hand made polymer buttons. A little hand and machine embroidery here and there I created a travel journal slip cover. I love how it feels in the hand!

Hand crafted fabric journal slip cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!