Sunday, September 2, 2018

I'm back! And I'm playing with embroidery.



Oh my goodness! It has been sooooo long since I was last here!
Hubby and I have built a new house, my grandchildren are now 14 and 11 years old! Lots of good stuff has happened in the intervening couple of years (yes, that long!)

But probably the most exciting things that have occurred is 1. (and the most important!) I have my own awesome art studio to create from! Having said that, I still spread my projects all over the house (much to Hubby's dismay). And 2. Hubby, has finally decided to start chilling back on his building business to spend more time in the shed sculpting in steel. 

Steel landscape sculpture by Wayne Smith

I have to admit to being just little bit jealous by how well he is going and how well the sculptures are selling! Mind you, he has been working with sheet metal for over 40 years, so he should be bloody good at it by now! But, for someone who has no formal art training, he has a great eye for design! 

So life for me, like most others has been very busy between my own fibre craft business's Sesenarts and Crafts and SesenFashion , family, our family business and general home 'stuff'. At the same time, I have started reading Tarot professionally. This has been an exciting little thing for me, as I have been reading the cards for over 15 years and finally came out of the closet as a consultant.  I just love the cards! They are a real combination of psychology and a touch of intuitive or psychic awareness. That's not for this blog though, but if you are interested you may like to drop over to my web page JulieAnnTarot.com

Back to arty crafty stuff! 
What do you do in the evenings, or in your down time? We have had a very cold and wet end of Winter here in down south Western Australia, so there has been a reasonable amount of time spent sitting in front of the fireplace! (My bottom has not thanked me for it though, and I need to get off it and do some exercise!) 
Embroidered wall art
 I have been playing with needle and floss, creating small fibre art works. To me it is 'slow hand'. I take my time and intuitively work the embroidery stitches and beads around the base. The art takes on a life of its own, telling me where to go next and when to stop. A very meditative process!
Fabric collage wall art
Sometimes, I will layer vintage or found fabrics, hand stitch them together then applique other fabrics or papers on top to create lovely little collages. I'm having fun and there are no rules! My style totally!

So what has been happening in your lives? I hope it has been creative and wonderful!

Chat soon.

x Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!