Friday, November 20, 2015

Macartney Rose Silk Scarf


My Dads Macartney Rose

My father is a rose fanatic and I aspire to growing roses just like his. And his Macartney Rose is an absolute ripper! Growing along a fence at nearly 5m long, shes a beauty! You need lots of room for these and they only flower the once for about 4 weeks. But goodness,when they do! What splendour!

I popped the above photo up on FB and one of my friends thought it would make a great design for a silk scarf. I'm always up for a challenge, so off to studio to start stretching and painting.  




Stretched and painted silk scarf
Here is the completed scarf.


Floral Silk Scarf

Well my goodness! I had only just finished painting it and popped a pic of it back up on FB to show my friend, when it SOLD! Bang! Just like that! Gotta love that. :-)


4 comments:

  1. Wow, it's gorgeous!! No wonder it sold so quickly :) Beautiful painting of those beautiful flowers, just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wen. I just love roses! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Your Dad's roses and your scarf.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!