Thursday, November 19, 2015

Resist Dyed Silk Scarf for Summer

Blue and White Silk Scarf

I love resists when painting up silk and cotton scarves! And today I thought I would play with some pieces of ply that I had lying around.

Resist for dyeing silk
 After wetting down my scarf, I folded it in a rather messy fashion first then wrapped it tightly around this little piece of ply.

I didn't take anymore pics of the process but using some Jacquard and Landscape acid dyes I flooded the wrapped silk, then steamed it in the usual fashion.

I love it when the silk is unwrapped! Its a surprise every time!

I was after a more crisp blue and white design, but this one came out more subdued. Still pretty I think? The images reminded me of one of those ink blot tests! I see anchors, what do you see? ;-)



Resist dyed Silk Scarf by Sesenarts

I ended up sewing it into an infinity style. Much more practical for silk scarves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!