Sunday, January 24, 2016

The dyepot is brewing.

Hand dyed organic cotton scarf
My dye pot has been cranking this weekend! 
The above scarf was some fantastic organic, unbleached muslin that was wanting to become a scarf! I love how the immersion method I chose has created a great mottled look. Very earthy looking. 
I'm liking these scarves so much I may have to grab some more cotton for different colours!

And a special commission for hand dyed silk strings for a felting friend was made in four separate batches to create yummy reds, silvers, purples and browns.



Hand dyed rolled silk string
 And now its off to the workbench to paint a silk chiffon scarf. I have been inspired by one of our hibiscus flowers in a lemony, apricoty colour with pink centre. (very technical description of colour, I know!). Very pretty indeed!

What I'm 'supposed' to be doing is potting up two new hanging baskets and cooking for our Australia Day celebrations , which is tomorrow. 
But I want to play first! The other stuff is playing as well but not quite as high on the 'fun' priority list. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!