Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Wedded bliss in Denmark

We all love a wedding, don't we! And when the wedding is situated in beautiful down south Denmark, in a vineyard on top of a hill overlooking Karri forests. Well.. Bliss! Oh and the wines were great as well!
Toby and Skye
Denmark River Western Australia
My man and I stayed a few nights down at this beautiful place and wandered along the river bank in the morning.
Pink Water Lilly's

After a wonderful few days it was time to go home. It was a 3 hours drive home which gives me lots of time to ponder art of course! And as we wandering along down through the wonderful forests, a scarf idea popped into my head. (As it is want to do) All I could find was a paper towel to scribble a quick picture on and add a few notes.
And yesturday, I couldnt wait to get started.

My idea was to lay wool down onto silk and felt it before painting. The felted scarf was then left to lay on the table top without stretching, and dye was applied. 

I'm very pleased with the result. The scarf reminds me of a tigers eye stone with the golds and browns. What do you think?

Nuno felted silk and wool scarf
Hand painted silk scarf

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!