Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Inspired Art

Our Deepest Fear by Marianne Williamson

I came across this quote months ago, and it sat as a reminder on my studio desk. Propped up against the computer screen, I would look at this beautiful little collection of words and know that it needed a place on one of my canvasses.

Mixed media acrylic canvas with inspirational quote.

The canvas was one sitting half finished. Waiting for that special something. It had been sitting aside for over 12 months and I knew that at the right time, inspiration would hit on what that special something was to add to finally say that it was complete.

The canvas was created by throwing down in a very haphazard way broad strokes of  a mid toned paint in some nice pastels using a pallet knife. While this was wet, I scribed some special words and pressed stamps in then sat it aside to dry.


I loosely drew the leaves and stem then layered more paint with the knife over the whole lot avoiding the leaves. Some areas were dry brushed to keep the detail of the inscription and stamping.

The quote was printed onto organza then glued in place. I then used some rub on embossing pigment to bring the image together.

Oh and I did use some sparkling fibres to create a a bit of zing!  

I'm not sure if she is totally finished yet, but that seems to be one of my banes! I generally go to hubby and ask him. For someone with no formal art training, he is one of the best sources for design or colour ideas when I am stumped with my art! I knew there was a reason for marrying him. ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!