Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Autumn is in the air and a few new totes.

Autumn is in the air! Can you feel it?
Well it is here in the southern hemisphere. :-)

Proteas

Here in the southwest corner of Australia (on the coast), we don't get the striking colour changes of the leaves on trees as it reaches a chill rarely and does not snow during Winter. But what I notice is a change in the colour of the light. It starts getting a bluish tinge about. We get a few more showers of rain and the sun's warmth is a little softer.
Yes, soft would be my descriptive word for Autumn. Our summers can be harsh, hot and dry and I welcome this change with open arms! Its much gentler on my garden with new growth apparent and the little birds coming back to visit. I love it. 


Pink renuculi

Today's inspiration for one of my fashion accessories in my store is from my Dad's garden. Last year, when Mum was still with us. We were sitting out in their backyard, having a cup of tea and surveying their late summer garden (yep, this time last year). 
My folks are pretty handy in the garden and their crop of anemones and renuculi were particularly
stunning, so out with camera I went and took a few shots.


Pink and yellow renuculi
These images have sat in a file waiting for inspiration to hit for a while. But then I came across a place that could reproduce my images onto tote bags. I'm not the best at sewing, so thought someone else could do this much better than me!
Well, I wasn't disappointed. After I have played with my images, I sent them off to a company in the States and they then sent me back some of the totes. Well made, lined with strong handles. 
Floral shopping tote

I created one other peony rose tote which turned out very pretty as well. I think my Mum would have loved one of these to cart her knitting around in. :-)


Pink peony rose library bag tote.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what gorgeous blossoms! And your tote bags are phenomenal, dear Julie.

    Hugs and joy to you!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!