Monday, February 29, 2016

Fluffy Bits

I played with some fluffy yarn the other day and created a faux cat! Well no, not really but my husband thinks it is and it will probably be the closest I will get to having my own little kitty in the near future. (We live on a bush block with lots and lots of bird life, and cats are too destructive unfortunately).

But I digress. Using a combinations of different yarns, I created an infinity scarf.

Faux fur infinity scarf - silver fox
And my goodness! This yarn is not easy to handle!. It slips and slides around like no ones business! Hubby was no help, so I ended up with a tangled heap on the floor which was painstakingly untangled and wrapped around a plastic bottle.
Fake fur scarf with pin

Using an 8 ply acrylic yarn doubled with the faux fur helped hold it together with a simple half double crochet stitch used to create the scarf.

It is so incredibly soft to the touch and feels gorgeous against your skin!
Faux fur scarf pin

And as I was having so much fun with this yarn, I thought I would make a little crochet art pin to match. Using a combo of the same yarns and adding beads, it adds a little more pink to the mix.
Sea anemone art brooch
It reminds me of a little sea anemone. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!