Thursday, November 26, 2015

Studio Makeover Part 1 Office Chair

Time to get started! Enough talk! Time for ACTION!

And as mentioned in my Studio Makeover post, I decided that my hideously messy office desk was first on the list!

Where to start? Really, truly, my desk was a scary place! So a  good a place as any to start was the chair. (because I was too scared to tackle the desk just yet!)

Old and very sad office chair awaiting a makeover.

She has served me well for near on 10 years, and was a 'little' worse for wear. Screws loose (just like her owner), faded and dirty cover. Just very sad really.


Re -covered (in more ways than one) office chair.
It was rather simple really. Unscrew the back and seat pads and gently remove them from the surrounding plastic shell. If the chair has an upholstered back, prise the back off with a screwdriver.

Take note of how the chair was previously covered and cut your new fabric to the same size as the seat and back pads, allowing at least 3 - 4" extra for overhang.

Place the pads face down on the wrong side of the fabric and start going crazy with a staple gun!
Start with a few staples at the top, stretch the fabric at the bottom then staple there. Carry on from side to side, corner to corner. Stretching the fabric as you go. I'm tellin' ya. You cannot have enough staples!

Replace the pads and there you have it.

Handy hint - if using a print, make sure that the fabric is running the same way for back rest and seat. Not like mine which is upside down on the back rest. Dah!

But now I feel like a princess when I sit down in my chair!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE what you did with this chair!! Pretty fabric!! Thanks so much for dropping by!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great chair make-over...the fabric is wonderfully cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just visiting your lovely blog via Stephanie's, The Enchanting Rose. I love your chair makeover. I just happen to have this fabric as well.....isn't it gorgeous??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim. You shop at Spotlight too? :-) Thank you for dropping by.

      Delete

I love your comments!