Friday, May 6, 2016

Friday Tulips

How's it going folks? Ive been a little 'ho hum' with a nasty cold. Hmmm, it must be nearly Winter!

Actually, I love Winter. I'm a 'green' girl. The pastures fill with grass again with feed for the horses, my garden gets watered more regularly (more weeds to deal with as well of course). But I also have a great excuse to play more in my studio! Plus we have a tin roof and there is nothing better in this world than listening to rain on a tin roof at night time. :-)
Which is your favourite season. Why?

But I digress. Even though I have been feeling pretty yuk, I have managed play with some paint on a little canvas for Paint Party Friday. I am working on a series of flowers at the moment, and had thought that after applying some varnish to make the colours pop it would be finished. But looking at it now, there's a little more work to be done yet. Maybe? Any ideas? (other than sorting out the horizon line)

Pink poppies acrylic painting

Addit - Mothers Day! Happy Mothers Day to you all!

Well, I had another look at my Tulips and decided that after a little advice from the clever Linda, I would add a little birdy and a few golden stenciled blossoms. I am now happy!




And I had some lovely lush yarn that I thought I would crochet up into a nice scarf. 


 And just to finish off for the day, I found this rather showy hibiscus that was almost bigger than the plant itself! Perfect for Floral Friday.





Well, that is definitely my lot for today. Time to go in a say hello to hubby as it must be cup of tea time. 
Tarrah all. :-)

24 comments:

  1. Your tulips are gorgeous, Julie. We are approaching summer here, but we are having an awful lot of rain on the east coast (USA). Hope you are feeling better soon. Your scarf looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faye. We have been having quite unseasonal weather with Winter appearing to bypass Autumn! And feeling better every day. :-)

      Delete
  2. You've managed to paint wonderful colour for lovely tulipa.
    Scarf is great, too.
    Happy PPF ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tulips, they make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are rather happy tulips arn't they. :-) Thank you for dropping by.

      Delete
  4. perfect time to be indoors painting and making scarves. I think all your floral painting needs is perhaps a bird or two in the sky. My favorite season-summer!!! I love the beach...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the birds is a great idea. They would have to be whimsical birds I think? Summer down the beach is great too!

      Delete
  5. wonderful textures on your tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work in paint and yarn! Nice to have fun in both modalities! Thanks for sharing and wishing you another creative week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for dropping by. Yes I do play with a lot of different modalities. Trying to keep my studio organised into different areas is an ongoing trial! :-)

      Delete
  7. Your scarf uses all my favourite colours!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. It was a nice variegated yarn that ended up 'self striping'! :-)

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tulip artwork Julie,
    It's tulip time here too, but I'm afraid I've had enough of winter. I desperately need warmer temperatures. We've had a long wet winter here in Bonnie Scotland.
    Gorgeous yarn and that scarf certainly looks like it will keep you cozy over the coming season.
    Happy PPF to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neesie
      Thank you for dropping by. I think we may be in for long Winter this year as it seems to have set in over a month earlier than normal. Makes up for the dry Winter we had last year though!

      Delete
  10. I think your tulips are gorgeous...and I LOVE the bits of texture too! I can't imagine anything would improve this perfect painting! LOVE it! Gorgeous scarf too! I love Autumn for the finishing full blooms and turning leaves...the colour and cool weather make me sooo happy!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giggles. I did add a little bird and a bit more stenciling (because I couldn't help myself!), and will pop up the new pic today when the varnish dries. Ive still got a few last roses (those that the kangaroos haven't eaten, and one or two lovely hydrangea heads. But it seems to be all about hibiscus at the moment, so I will make the most of their colour before they hide their heads for the season.

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really lie the tulips. There is so much texture. However I love that scarf!!! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole. Yes, feeling lots better!

      Delete
  13. Beautiful tulips, Julie. Get well soon!
    Many thanks for joining the Floral Friday Fotos meme, I look forward to your next contribution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick for dropping by. I'm not sure if my floral pics are what is in mind for Floral Friday, but I just love flowers in all their forms and are the main inspiration for my art. :-)

      Delete

I love your comments!